Monday, April 08, 2013

Tube Top

I'm a big fan of reusing as much as possible of a refashion "before" garment, though most of the time, the scraps languish in my fabric stash for quiet a while before I get back to them. But not this time! Last time, I showed you how I converted this sack of a dress to a flowy kimono-esque top with no sewing whatsoever.

No-Sew Kimono Before & After

Now you get to see what I did with the skirt portion, though this one does involve some sewing.

No-Sew Kimono - in Progress

My first step was to flip the skirt upside-down. I'm going to use the bottom hem as a pocket for an elastic top. I snipped out the side seams to open up that pocket.

Tube Top Refashion - In Progress

Then I grabbed some scraps of wide elastic and fed them through.

Tube Top Refashion - In Progress

Then I attached the elastic ends to one another. Yes, I used two pieces of elastic of different widths. This project was all about making do with what I had on hand.

Tube Top Refashion - In Progress

I overlapped the fabric and resewed the side seams, securing the elastic within so it doesn't get twisted in the wash or anything.

Tube Top Refashion - In ProgressTube Top Refashion - In Progress

That gave me a bit of fabric that would stick out just below the elastic pocket, so I folded it inward and took that part in. I also took in the side seams to give an hourglass shape, but unfortunately, I accidentally deleted that picture from my camera. (Bad blogger! No cookie!)

Tube Top Refashion - In Progress

And ta-da! Two tops from one unloved dress!

Tube Top Refashion - After

Tube Top Before & After

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Loved the basic look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue host Webmail has capabilities that allow users to generate personal email without having to construct a website. The Blue host Webmail management panel enables you to establish several emails and access them easily. Bluehost Login will develop a method to access the Blue host Webmail login using the direct email address or the Blue host Webmail control panel. Individuals who have set up their Blue host Webmail may access their mailbox immediately using their email address.

    ReplyDelete