Thursday, April 04, 2013

No-Sew Kimono

How about another quick change, eh? I bought this dress on the clearance rack at Target for... $10 maybe as I was losing weight. It fit great for a while, and the sash/tie/thingie meant I could cinch up the waist as I shrunk. But now? Yeah, I just fill like a coral-color blimp.

No-Sew Kimono

After analyzing the construction of the dress, posing in front of the mirror while I scrunched the fabric here and pulled the excess there, I decided there really wasn't an easy way to take it in and end up with a dress I liked. So I scrapped that idea entirely. If the garment is huge and flowy, work with it! I chopped off the bottom of the skirt, about 6 inches below the waist.

No-Sew Kimono

Then I snipped the threads that were holding the part of the sleeves that was folded under...

No-Sew Kimono

...and trimmed off the serged edges to match the raw edges I'll be leaving on the body.

No-Sew Kimono

And that's it! Instead of pulling the side ties to the back and tying them, I can now wrap them all the way around and tie them in the front, slightly to the side. It has a kind of kimono-y vibe now that I'm really digging.

No-Sew Kimono

And I'll be back soon to show you what I did with the leftover skirt portion.

No-Sew Kimono Before & After

2 comments:

  1. BSNL is a technologically focused firm that offers various forms of telecom services, including wireline, wireless local loop (WLL), and mobile phone services, broadband, internet, leased circuits, and long-distance telecom service. BSNL With a 100% digital switching network, the firm has been at the cutting edge of technology. The BSNL national telecommunications network connects all district headquarters, sub-divisional headquarters, Tehsil headquarters, and practically all block headquarters.

    ReplyDelete